|Reference:||Software Developer – Java (Working Remotely)|
|Job Title:||Software Developer – Java (Working Remotely)|
|Location:||Remotely - Working from Home|
We are seeking a Java Developer with 1 -3 years’ experience required for a development position. The candidate must be willing to learn and apply themselves in a structured environment. Commitment to providing quality work is essential.
The candidate will be required to travel to South Africa for 2 months to be onboarded with the company, and thereafter they will be working remotely from home in Cyprus.
Over the course of the next 18 months the company will permanently relocate its Headquarters to Cyprus.
- At least 2 years Java programming experience (willing to look at no experience if candidates have good qualifications), or
- At least 2 years Python programming experience (willing to look at no experience if candidates have good qualifications)
- Java web development experience: JSP
- Knowledge of the following technologies will be useful: Spring, Hibernate, Java Swing, Slack, Redux, React, MySQL, XML, UML, JSP and some .Net exposure
- Java certification, or degrees related to programming, are advantageous.
- Willingness to work within a structured and professional environment
The position will involve working on many different technologies, including J2SE, JSP, Python, JSF, IceFaces, Google Web Toolkit, Swing, Hibernate and Spring. The company emphasizes production of quality software, making use of software engineering principles, UML and related tools and methodologies to achieve such results.
Development will be done with a team consisting of Business Analysts, Architect, Project Manager. Candidate needs to share such enthusiasm for creating quality software and a willingness to work in a professional manner. The position is suitable for those looking for varied and challenging experience coupled with an opportunity for growth.
- Software development including enhancements and bug fixes in the Java / Python environment.
- Deployment of new software, maintenance of the development, test and live environments
- Creating automated unit tests, and performing manual testing of various software.
- Provide second level support to Business Analysts and first line support desk.
- Create thorough documentation prior, during and on completion of a project.
- Work with new technologies and languages as required.
- Team player who is motivated and committed to make a project successful, and can fit into a structured professional environment.
- Ability to work remotely without constant supervision.
- Ability to work within the boundaries of the architecture and existing design patterns and guidelines.
- Ability to work with agreed deadlines, working at a consistent pace to deliver quality results on time.
- Work carefully, paying attention to detail and cognisant of the effect changes can have on existing systems.
- Ability and willingness to explain and communicate within a team environment, both verbally and as part of the documentation process.
- Occasional business travel abroad required