Our client is an Independent Power Producer (IPP) with 10 years’ experience closing over 30 transactions in Europe’s expanding renewable energy market, they bring a deep, rich, and varied understanding of renewable energy.
We are seeking to recruit on their behalf a Finance Manager for their Cyprus Office
The Finance Manager will be responsible for all the financial and reporting matters of the company on an on-going basis. The main objective of the Finance Manager will be to handle all tasks and reconciliations as per IFRS and the local GAAP, in a timely manner, as well as participating in the operations and prospective analysis of investment decisions. All transactions will be recorded accurately, through the use of the Group’s proprietary financial software Priority. The successful candidate will be reporting and presenting periodic reports to the Group in the UK. A set up role for an extremely fast-growing business with rapid progression available
- Responsible for calculation of the intercompany loans and interest; the UK Parent Company will provide equity funding to Cyprus entity, and, in turn, Cyprus entity will use such funds to grant interest-bearing loans to the various group companies owned by the UK Company
- Responsible for calculating and reporting of Interest income from the loans to group SPVs in Italy, Poland, Romania, UK and Spain
- Responsible for finding service providers for the provision of technical and insurance services required by the operational companies where group operates and account for these costs accurately
- Managing all day-to-day accounting operations – Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and General Ledger management, balance sheet control and reconciliations
- Involved in Groups procurement function and recharge group companies for provision of this service
- Overall responsibility for management and statutory financial accounting and reporting for Cyprus entity and to ensure accurate and complete financial information
- Review financial results and produce monthly reports with relevant information to group
- Preparation of quarterly management reports to group and work closely with group finance to resolve queries on time.
- Group operates on tight deadlines so you will need to be flexible to accommodate and assist with deliveries on time on a quarterly basis.
- Management of VAT returns and work together with the external accountant to apply for VAT refunds.
- Responsible for accounts receivable and accounts payable as well as payment management
- Ensure the timely and qualitative disclosure of our tax reports and annual accounts and liaise with external accountant where applicable
- Supporting Group Finance team in any ad hoc financial analysis as required to support the Group’s operation
Required Skills & Experience
- You have accounting experience according to IFRS
- Qualified ACCA or ACA
- You have very good knowledge of English
- You have experience in a similar role or looking to step-up.
- Enjoy working in an international team with a fasted paced, dynamic environment, with personal drive and high levels of commitment
- Flexibility and ability to work professionally and accurately under pressure and challenging deadlines as well as to prioritise your tasks
- Experience with accounting software i.e Priority will be an added adbvantage
Remuneration & Benefits
On offer is a competitive salary & benefits package based on previous skills and experience