Our client is seeking a dynamic Qualified Accountant to join their large professional team in Cyprus to work on a variety of established business areas and their development projects. The individual, who has commercial awareness, negotiation skills, understanding of legal principles surrounding contracts and agreements, has attention to detail, and is a perceptive and great communicator can be a valuable addition to our team. Travel may be required between locations and/or client offices in Europe
Clients include businesses in an array of industries including regulated financial services firms and also provide business support services that include HR, accounting, tax, management, property management, compliance, IT, and general advisory services.
We are looking for an individual with an interest and willingness to contribute in key aspects of the operation, including business and systems development and to help manage the interface between finance and treasury management and other business functions; including negotiations, purchasing, legal and contracts.
- Working closely with the clients’ senior management, finance executives and management in delivering the objectives and timetable for all group corporate accounting, fund accounting, financial reporting, tax and regulatory/compliance functions.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts and annual financial statements.
- Financial planning and control, including preparation of budgets, forecasts and cash flows.
- Liaising and coordinating with the clients’ external auditors, as well as the internal audit and risk management functions to conduct reviews and prepare reports.
- Cost control and development of new relationships.
- Involvement in the development of corporate financial management policies and procedures.
- Active involvement in aspects of operational risk management, as well as the planning, development and implementation of finance, tax, operational, due diligence and other business projects.
- Identifying opportunities to improve efficiency, effectiveness or timeliness through automation, simplification, or elimination.
- Due Diligence on service providers.
- Liaising and negotiating with main external service providers, advisors and counterparties.
- Active involvement in ad-hoc projects.
Required Skills & Experience
- ACA or ACCA Qualified Accountant, with at least 5 years post qualification experience in a similarly demanding role.
- Business Administration (MBA) from a top University will be considered an advantage.
- International experience within the asset/fund management industry would be an advantage.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office Packages) with experience in using accounting software and databases.
- Fluent in English, with French being an advantage.
- Dynamic, results oriented individual, operating with speed and accuracy.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills, attention to detail and flexibility of approach.
Our client offers an excellent salary based on skills & experience