Our client is a private Russian investment company. They are seeking to recruit a senior/head accountant.
A minimum of 5 years post qualified experience is required.
The succesful applicant must either hold an EU passport, or have the right to live and work in Cyprus. A work permit is not available for this role.
- Day to day accounting operations of Group companies
- Working in partnership with the CEO and other members of the Senior Management Team to develop business strategy and direction, and assess new business or acquisition opportunities. Assisting in year-end audits, coordination and liaising with auditors and other parties
- Assisting in preparation of corporation tax and VAT returns when applicable
- Review of contracts, issuing of invoices, reconciliations, letters and other documents
- Control over the circulation of documents
- Performing other duties upon the request of management
- Degree in Accounting and Finance or any other relevant field
- Fluency in Russian and English is a must – reading and writing
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws with regard to direct and indirect company tax, employment law and employment taxes across the Company’s businesses
- 1C knowledge is an advantage
- Cyprus tax and VAT knowledge specific to our industry
- At least 5 years of post-qualification experience
- Practical experience in accounting and administration of foreign companies
- Treasury experience and tax exposure knowledge is a plus
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel)
Remuneration & Benefits
- Working hours 9.00am – 6.00pm
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance