Our client is a distinguished Nigerian contractor in the field of electrical and mechanical engineering with a diverse portfolio of projects from construction to facilities management of malls, universities, hotels, industrial plants, banks, offices, large residential projects, etc.
On offer (see below) is a substantial salary & benefits package
- Managing integrated commercial projects [ including all components of construction and electro-mechanical systems (air conditioning, electricity and plumbing)
- Overall responsibility for all stages of the project (initiation / planning / execution / delivery)
- Connections, verification Implementation of projects and managing regular meetings
- Responsibility for budgets and pricing [ and reducing costs of the projects]
- Logistics and procurement
- Working with plans & drawings
- Meeting safety and quality objectives
- Managing local work managers and local subcontractors or foreigners .
- Technical Review and Pricing
- Project Design and workshop drawings + budget
- Material specifications and ordering
- Project Technical Support and QA/QC
- Training of the site Manager
- Planning Mechanical order
- Coordinate with Mechanical consultant
- Support the site
- Training and evaluation of Mechanical expatriates.
- Responsible for the project Gantt board
- Managing Relationship / correspondence with consultants, suppliers and clients.
- Design Calculations and Creating Shop Drawings for ongoing projects.
- Material approval: submission to consultants, follow up, alternative solutions.
- Defining material specifications, managing suppliers RFQ’s and project procurement.
- Following up the Mechanical program of work of projects.
- Attending Site Meetings and appointing action items to the people responsible, to meet the project time and quality schedule.
- Technical support to Site and project managers.
- QA/QC Supervision on site.
- Electrical department
- Estimation Department.
- Drafting Department.
- Project Managers and Site Supervisors.
- Logistic Department.
- Import Department
- Maintenance Department.
- Contracts Department
- HR Department
Objectives to be measured:
- Client complaints.
- Submissions of Tenders, Drawings and Material on time.
- Unique competitive solutions for projects and tenders.
- Quality level of procured Mechanical material.
- Quality level of projects Mechanical installations.
- Mechanical Engineer
- Proficiency in MS office, Acrobat, SAP.
- Prompt solutions & action on the task given.
- Design, Planning, Site Supervision, Tenders
- Handling multiple tasks & multiple priorities.
Remuneration & Benefits
- TAX Free Salary ranging between US $7,000 -$ 8,000 per month.
- Monthly living allowance US $ 750.00 per month, which will be enough to live on and not require the above salary to be spent for day to day living.
- Apartment within staff housing, in house cook providing all meals
- Car with driver which can be used both for commuting to work and leisure time
- Every 3 months 2 weeks full paid leave including air tickets to visit family back home
- Additional annual holiday
- Fully paid medical insurance