Our client is a distinguished Nigerian contractor in the field of electrical and mechanical engineering with a diverse portfolio of projects from construction to facilities management of malls, universities, hotels, industrial plants, banks, offices, large residential projects, etc. We are filling a key position of Mechanical Project Manager in Lagos, Nigeria.
The position will include managing integrated commercial projects, including all components of construction and electro-mechanical systems (air conditioning, electricity and plumbing); Overall responsibility for all stages of the project (initiation / planning / execution / delivery); Connections, verification Implementation of projects, managing regular meetings, responsibility for budgets and pricing, reducing costs of the projects, logistics and procurement, working with plans & drawings, meeting safety and quality objectives, managing local work managers and local subcontractors or foreigners .
On offer is a substantial salary & benefits package which can be seen below
- Technical Review and Pricing
- Project Design and workshop drawings+ budget
- Material specifications and ordering
- Project Technical Support and QA/QC
- Training of the site Manager
- Planning Mechanical order
- Coordinate with Mechanical consultant
- Support the site
- Training and evaluation of Mechanical expatriates.
- Responsible for the project Gantt board
- Managing Relationship / correspondence with consultants, suppliers and clients.
- Design Calculations and Creating Shop Drawings for ongoing projects.
- Material approval: submission to consultants, follow up, alternative solutions.
- Defining material specifications, managing suppliers RFQ’s and project procurement.
- Following up the Mechanical program of work of projects.
- Attending Site Meetings and appointing action items to the people responsible, to meet the project time and quality schedule.
- Technical support to Site and project managers.
- QA/QC Supervision on site.
- Electrical department
- Estimation Department.
- Drafting Department.
- Project Managers and Site Supervisors.
- Logistic Department.
- Import Department
- Maintenance Department.
- Contracts Department
- HR Department
Objectives to be measured:
- Client complaints.
- Submissions of Tenders, Drawings and Material on time and of high quality.
- Unique competitive solutions for projects and tenders.
- Quality level of procured Mechanical material.
- Quality level of projects Mechanical installations.
- Mechanical Engineer
- Proficiency in MS office, Acrobat, SAP.
- Prompt solutions & action on the task given.
- Design, Planning, Site Supervision, Tenders
- Handling multiple tasks & multiple priorities.
Remuneration & Benefits
- TAX Free Salary ranging between €4,600 – €5,500 per month. Salaries are paid in US Dollars
- Daily living allowance, which will be enough to live on and not require the above salary to be spent for day to day living.
- Apartment within staff housing, in house cook providing all meals
- Car with driver which can be used both for commuting to work and leisure time
- Every 3 months 2 weeks full paid leave including air tickets to visit family back home
- Additional annual holiday
- Fully paid medical insurance