This is an exciting opportunity to join the Execution Systems Team of a leading research and technology firm in the financial industry in Limassol, Cyprus.
The successful candidate will join a team developing and managing the firm’s complex systems. The role will involve close communication with portfolio managers, execution system specialists, researchers, developers, traders, brokers and project management work. He/she will also be involved in maintaining and operating the in-house electronic analysis and trading systems in after-hours rotation.
The ideal candidate will have excellent all round computing skills, mathematical ability, as well solid management skills as he/she will manage a team of highly skilled developers.
We are seeking to recruit a professional with initiative, a critical approach to his/her work, experience in a varied, fast-moving project environment, knowledge of databases, a desire to build flawless systems, and a background in the development and design of large, complex software systems. Whilst being a highly hands-on developer, the candidate will work closely with the Project Managers to ensure delivery of projects and meeting deadlines. We are looking for an individual who has a meticulous eye for detail together with the ability to see the bigger picture, and be a team player and a leader. Travel between the various international company office locations will also be required.
- Further develop & support the company’s geographically distributed electronic trading platform
- Capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design through to code level, ability to drive the complete development cycle.
- Responsible for the daily set up, running, monitoring and troubleshooting of the trading system that operates 24 hours a day and trades equities, futures and spot FX in Asia, Europe and North America.
- Understand complex trading processes and systems and to help the ongoing development of control parameters, to ensure reliability, consistency, process quality and control.
- Oversee and monitor the entire trade lifecycle, monitor allocation processes, trade booking, account balances etc. Troubleshoot and support issues that arise within this workflow.
Required Skills & Experience
- Degree in science/computing/numerate/engineering field.
- Strong core understanding and low-level programming experience in C# and .NET technologies
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) in analysis and design.
- Excellent knowledge on relational databases, MS SQL Server.
- Experience in implementing low-latency trading systems.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg and other data suppliers along with interacting with their API.
- Solid understanding of financial products and markets (equities, derivatives, FX).
- Experience within a high frequency trade support environment.
The following will be an advantage:
- Knowledge of FIX, ITCH protocol
- Working knowledge C++/Java and Matlab or other mathematical modelling software
On offer is an excellent salary package together with career advancement.