Our client is a leading technology company with offices based in Limassol. They also have a number of European offices.
Worldwide they have more than one million end consumers with a turnover of more than one billion Euros are currently maintained and billed based on these systems.
The position requires an excellent level & understanding of the Java framework.
You will have a key role in the design and implementation of software modules and converting stakeholder requirements into working systems.
You should be able to understand business requirements, propose and implement a high quality software solution for existing as well as new software systems in a team-based agile environment.
Required Skills & Experience
- University degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Technology or other comparable qualifications
- Proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
- Knowledge in effective database access strategies and handling of huge amounts of data
- Development of software components for core business logic using Java, the Spring framework and JPA (Hibernate)
- Solid knowledge of XML, REST and SOAP technologies
- Experience in handling of complex SQL statements
- Refactoring skills and the ability to understand systems from the code
- High level of quality awareness and knowledge about software testing strategies, especially writing unit tests
- Knowledge of principles of version control/configuration management especially Git
- Team player and ability to work in cross functional teams according to the principles of Agile software engineering
- Openness and flexibility in dealing with new challenges
- Solutions oriented, service based and customer oriented approach to all tasks
- Strong affinity to general rules of modern software engineering
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Any knowledge of the following skills would be an added advantage
- Coding knowledge and experience with C# and WPF
- Coding knowledge and experience with Angular 2
- Knowledge and experience with continuous integration
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Experience working with remotely-located/virtual teams
- Knowledge of ticketing systems such as Atlassian Jira
- Experience with knowledge documentation systems like Confluence
Remuneration & Benefits
- Excellent base salary
- Annual bonus
- International Medical Insurance for employee & immediate family members
- Relocation package if coming from abroad
- Flexible working hours & the ability to work some hours from home