Our client, a multinational e commerce platform have been established internationally for 18 years. Our clients offices are based in Limassol.
We are seeking to recruit someone who has extensive, hands-on experience in PHP. They are operating in a very competitive ecommerce environment so the ability to build innovative solutions to delight the users and offer exceptional buying experience are of paramount importance.
The role will also involve some Project Management and managing a team of 3 or 4 Developers.
The position offers a base salary of €65,000 Gross.
- Design, Development, Testing, and Delivery of demanding PHP projects.
- Writing PHP scripts and coding to create or modify software and applications according to business needs.
- Errors troubleshooting incl. issues relating to PHP programs and creating documentation for the same.
- Back End API Development – Microservices
- Apply regular and in-depth applications performance tuning
- Lead other team members to implement complex functionality using PHP
- Provide technical development and analysis across all PHP related projects.
- Involved in database systems management, including MySQL.
- Support the team in establishing best practices, design patterns, and coding standards
Required Skills & Exprience
- Holder of EU Passport or the right to live & work in Cyprus.
- 6 or more years commercial experience with PHP
- Significant experience in designing and consuming APIs and Web Services (SOAP / REST/ JSON, etc), including knowledge of security concerns and mitigations
- Experience of using version control systems – ideally Git.
- Fluency in supporting Responsive Web Design.
- Strong analytic skills and experience of the full software life cycle.
- Sysadmin experience configuring LAMP/LEMP stack
- Front-end development experience – HTML5 / CSS(3) / jQuery
- Experience with Figma or Sketch. Design skills not required. UX principles understanding.
- Knowledge of MySQL database queries.
- Results-orientated personality.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage work priorities effectively and autonomously.
- Strong willingness to exceeding coding standards and undertaking independent professional development
- Great written and face to face communication skills
- Proven experience in working across multi-disciplinary teams in an agile manner
- Ability to support and mentor other team members
- Relevant Degree qualification or equivalent demonstrable development experience
Remuneration & Benefits
- 65K€ annual gross salary
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced ecommerce site company.
- Opportunity for career progression and self-development.
- 22 days annual leave, increasing by one day every year