Our client, is an International company They are seeking to recruit an experienced IT Support Engineer to join their team in the Cyprus office.
The working location of the role can be flexible. The working pattern will by Hybrid, so work from home is possible.
The role does involve some visits to clients premises. A car for these visits can be provided or if preferred you can use your own car and be reimbursed for the relevant travel costs.
They specialize in, IT Technology Consulting, IT Support & Maintenance and Online Hosting Services.
You will be supporting their Cypriot customers who are based mainly in Limassol and Larnaca. Generally you will be working remotely with customers.
Responsible for attending and catering to client technical issues, configurations, and installment of Information Technology (IT) software and hardware. You will be expected to complete the tasks assigned by the line manager and authorized Senior Staff members and report back adequately and in a timely manner. This position is responsible for escalating issues that cannot be resolved at this level, or require a higher authorization, to the line manager and/or authorized Senior Staff members as needed, to ensure client requirements and requests are met in a timely and professional manner.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Troubleshoot technical issues and develop effective solutions
- Stay up to date of the latest advancements in technology, protocols, and best practices
- Protect data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve hardware, software, and other network and system problems
- Replace faulty hardware devices when required
- Support clients through a series of actions, whether onsite, or remotely; to help set up systems &/or troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults
- Follow documented procedures & Diagrams- written instructions for regular processes (setup/fault repair) and intervene in suggesting new processes to be finalized at a senior level
- Research and propose new technologies that support the roll-out of new applications and/or allow utilization of (cost/time) of resources within the department.
- Respond within agreed time limits to call-outs
- Ensure the task is followed up rigorously until professional completion (or refer to third parties, when required)
- Ensure the appropriate running function in the relocation of clients, when needed
- Complete server checks and ensure that they are appropriately running.
- Perform disaster recovery operations and data backups when required to ensure no loss of data
- Ensure IT Inventory are in line, including a Visio representation mapping for each client
- Communicate efficiently with clients to explain the actual issue and its variables and to attain relative client requirements
- Carry out daily client systems checks, reporting to the direct senior where necessary
- Have the will to follow specialized training to further develop the required skills as per agreed upon training path, or as per company request and with respect to the employee’s professional and technical predisposition
Required Skills & Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- University Degree
- Major in computer science, business administration or a related field (preferred)
- years of IT customer service experience (required)
Strong interpersonal skills such as telephone skills, communication skills, active listening and customer care
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Strong organization and administrative skills that ensure proper data management and quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Technical awareness of required solutions based on the case
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
- Research skills and complete understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in the English and Greek languages
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive salary based on previous skills & experience
- Working Monday – Friday 8.00am – 5.00pm – including 1 hour lunch break