Our client is a very well established R&D company specialising in software and electronics telecommunication related applications and services.
We are seeking to hire a Junior HW QA and Support Engineer responsible for offering assistance in testing, deploying and maintaining telecommunications solutions.
As a Junior QA HW and Support Engineer the candidate will execute test cases to ensure that our solutions meet the highest standards of quality both on component and system level during production in the companies’ premises.
After delivery of the system to the customer the candidate will offer support in the deployment of our systems at the customer’s site, conduct end user training and the Acceptance Tests for our unique GSM, UMTS, LTE solution. As such the roll also involves (global) travel to the customer to offer onsite support during deployment and in case of hardware or system failures as well as remote support from the office.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum education level: Telecommunications Engineer, Electrical Engineer or Equivalent
- Ability to debug failures in a system to rapidly identify the root cause
- Solid knowledge of telecommunication and networking
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics and block diagrams of our systems
- Strong knowledge of general quality control procedures and methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
- High interpersonal skills, independent & self-reliant character with good initiative
- Experience in the following fields: Technical pre-sale, Customer Facing, conducting technical training
- Consistent ability to deliver on time and work under pressure
- Attention to detail with a strong commitment to quality
- Knowledge of basic Linux commands is a plus
- Telco or Wireless Communications experience with GSM, UMTS, LTE is a plus
- Knowledge of foreign languages will be considered as an advantage
- Customer Service experience is a plus
- Prior experience using Electrical or RF Lab equipment is not essential but useful
- LabView experience
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive salary to include 13th salary
- Medical cover for the employee and immediate family dependants
- Subsidised lunch
- 21 days annual leave
- Performance related bonus of up to 1 months’ salary