Our client is, a licensed Law Firm offering a full range of legal services with a particular focus on private client services, investor immigration, property law, investment management, corporate, commercial, tax, intellectual property, and trusts law matters.
We are seeking to recruit on their behalf a high calibre, career driven individual to assume the role of Director of Legal Services, who will be overall responsible for both the legal and corporate divisions of the Group.
The successful candidate will hold in their name shares of the affiliate law firm, which will also carry their name- in the identical way the BIG4 recently set up affiliate law firms in Cyprus.
The group consists including the law firm consists of three companies covering the full spectrum of professional services required by their international clients.
A CySEC licensed fiduciary and corporate services provider, specialising in the fields of taxation, corporate administration, accountancy, fiduciary, investment funds, international trusts, special-license companies and business advisory services based in Cyprus and abroad.They have built a reputation as being one of only a handful of Cyprus firms outside the BIG4 with the technical ability to provide clients with high level tax and VAT advice.
They work with many of the world’s largest international tax and accounting firms, including BIG4, to provide high level Cypriot and international tax advisory services, and also provide formation and ongoing administration services regarding Cypriot vehicles (private companies, trusts, regulated investment funds, etc.).
In addition they operate a licensed Audit Firm.
- Take over the overall management of two established corporate teams consisting of qualified lawyers, UK qualified accountants, experienced corporate services administrators, and support staff. The two corporate team combined handle the ongoing management of a portfolio of approximately 300 Cyprus entities.
- Take lead with handling of legal issues pertaining to the Group’s portfolio of clients.
- Liaise with leading international law firms who regularly engage us for legal, tax, and corporate structuring matters.
- Handle client meetings, in Cyprus and abroad.
- Take lead in legal engagements such as EU cross border mergers, drafting of shareholder agreements, Cyprus International Trust related work etc.
- Participate within the investor immigration initiative of the Group.
- Take leading and active role in the Marketing initiative of the Group, including attending marketing meetings and campaigns abroad.
Required Skills & Experience
- Qualified Cyprus lawyer.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role, with sufficient exposure in all areas mentioned above (knowledge of Cyprus tax will be considered a strong advantage).
- Experience with Cyprus IBCs is essential.
- Strong track record managing legal and non-legal staff.
- Excellent practical knowledge of Cyprus Companies Law.
- Experience dealing with Registrar of Companies matters.
- Excellent knowledge of the English and Greek languages is essential.
- Fast learner, motivated to expand their knowledge.
- Exceptional organisations skills.
- Self-motivated and career-driven.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Fixed Gross annual salary between €90,000 – €100,000
- Attractive group profit sharing scheme
- Executive health care package