Our client is an established Law firm with offices in Nicosia and particular focus in all areas of Business Law and Technology.
We are now looking for a high calibre, career driven individual with experience in Migration matters to join the firm’s Corporate and Commercial Law Department.
The successful candidate will be joining a team of lawyers providing legal services to their clients, including their business partner and Corporate Service Provider,
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dedicated and rapidly growing legal team.
- Advising clients on migration matters
- Handling applications for and assisting clients to obtain Work Permits
- Handling applications for and assisting clients to obtain Permanent Residency Permits
- Handling applications for and assisting clients to obtain Visitor Permits
- Handling applications for and assisting clients to obtain Citizenship
- Accompanying clients to the Civil Registry and Migration Department
- Foreign interest company registration
- Drafting and reviewing corporate legal documents including Memorandum and Articles of Association, resolutions, minutes, share certificates, Powers of Attorney, etc;
- Drafting and reviewing corporate and commercial agreements, including Shareholders Agreements, Director’s Service Agreements, Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreements, JV Agreements, Employment Agreements, Sale and Purchase of Property Agreements, Lease agreements, etc;
- Handling complex corporate transactions, reorganisations and restructurings, including re-domiciliation of companies, Mergers and Acquisitions, banking and finance transactions, etc
- Onboarding clients and ensuring compliance with AML/KYC requirements and procedures;
- Liaising with clients and maintaining strong client relations;
- Providing high quality legal advice and handling of legal issues pertaining to the firm’s clients;
- Promoting the firm and taking part in business development initiatives;
- Liaising with leading international law firms who regularly engage the firm for corporate and commercial legal matters;
- Attending meetings with clients, in Cyprus and abroad.
Required Skills & Experience
- Qualified Cyprus lawyer/ member of the Cyprus Bar Association.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role, with sufficient exposure in all areas mentioned above;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Good knowledge of Compliance procedures;
- Experience with Cyprus IBCs is essential;
- Excellent knowledge of Cyprus Companies Law and practical procedures;
- Experience in dealing with the Civil Registry and Migration Department;
- Experience in dealing with the Registrar of Companies;
- Experience in dealing with Corporate litigation matters (Court applications, procedures, etc);
- Excellent knowledge of the English and Greek languages is essential;
- Exceptional organisations skills;
- Fast learner, Self-motivated and career-driven individual;
Remuneration & Benefits
- Gross salary in the region of €20,000, to include 13th salary
- Medical insurance
- 1 short day 8:30-2:30 or 9:30-3:30
- Annual bonus
- Annual salary review