Our client, a boutique Law firm based in Nicosia are seeking to hire a Junior Litigation Lawyer dealing primarily on Civil, Family and Criminal Law cases.
Excellent opportunity for training and development
- Handling of court and extrajudicial cases of clients of the office under the supervision by a senior lawyer.
- Preparation and inspection of opening files, claim / defence reports, objection, speeches, outlines of appeal, etc.
- Registration of petitions in the competent register.
- Office representation in cases before District Courts, Family Courts
- Court, Labour Disputes Tribunal, Administrative Court and Supreme Court
- Court for instructions, hearings, etc.
- Drafting and inspection of trade agreements and other contracts.
- Drafting opinions on various issues.
- Providing legal advice on legal issues.
- Translation of legal texts.
- Writing letters, notes, legal articles, information and other text & legal content.
- Communication and meeting with clients, opponents and colleagues in Cyprus and abroad
- Communication with banks, credit institutions, public authorities, government departments and other organizations in Cyprus and abroad.
- Organisational tasks related to the above.
- Conducting legal research, case law and bibliography study, use of databases and legal tools such as Leginet, Cylaw, Lexis-Nexis, Westlaw.
Required Skills & Experience
- Law degree.
- Member of Cyprus Bar
- Around 2 years of previous experience in handling family, civil cases, criminal law, including appearances before competent courts, conducting hearings, etc.
- Knowledge and practical experience of drafting petitions, opinions,
contracts and other legal documents and hearings.
- Possession of a driving license.
- Excellent ability to handle written and oral speech.
- Fluent knowledge of Greek and English.
- Ability to take initiatives, responsibility and ability to work individually and cooperation in teamwork
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Confidentiality, reliability, speed in processing tasks, analytical skills and good
- communication skills.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Introduction bonus for new clients
- Working hours 8.00am – 1.00pm 3.00pm – 6.00pm with some flexibility
- 12 month revolving contract